Applying for Your Pension
Learn what steps you need to take to apply for your MEPP pension.
Forms and Documentation
Contact us when you're ready to apply for your pension which should be no earlier than six months before your retirement date. This gives you more time to make informed decisions about your pension benefits.
To process your application, you'll need to submit these forms:
- Application for Pension Benefits;
- Retirement Declaration form signed by you and your employer;
- Designation of Beneficiary at Retirement form;
- Spouse's Waiver of 60% Post-Retirement Survivor Benefit (if applicable);
- Federal TD1 and Provincial TD1 Personal Tax Credits Return forms; and
- provide MEPP with any other information or documents, as requested.
Refer to Acceptable Documentation, for information on how to certify your documents and what document(s) you may need to change your information.
Your application and all required documents must be submitted to MEPP before the first day of the month in which you wish to retire.
If we receive your application after the first of the month, your retirement will be effective on the first of the following month and you will receive your first pension payment in that month as well.
You can withdraw your pension application at any time until the first of the month in which your pension is to start.
We need approximately six weeks to two months to process your application.
There are no fees to apply for your pension.